Monday, February 18, 2008

It's a dog's life.....

This is one of our dogs. We have two dogs. Adding them to the family was totally my husband's idea. I protested because I knew who would be taking care of them since my kids were still pretty little when we got them. I was right... another job for mom but I have since really learned to love and appreciate them. We live up in the mountains and I know if an unwelcome visitor such as a bear or mountain lion ever came near my kids the dogs would fight until the death. I thought about writing about them because we are starting a unit study on the Iditarod. I receive the homeschool magazine "The Old Schoolhouse". They have some great articles on this dog race in Alaska. I know my kids would enjoy this study because they love the story of Balto. There is website to follow the race which starts March 2. I'll be writing more as go along. Here's the link: www.iditarod.com.
Happy sledding!

1 comment:

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

What a pretty dog!

I replied to your comment on my site, but couldn't find an email to write you.

Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you make it to Japan soon. I loved it!

Thanks for your interest!