Monday, August 20, 2007

Hanging in there...............................

"We must ALL hang together or most assuredly we will all hang separately."
Benjamin Franklin after signing the Declaration of Independence.


I love this quote and I love Benjamin Franklin. He truly had gifts from God that he used for the benefit of mankind, especially the United States of America.

As homeschoolers we need each other. We need to encourage, love and exhort one another all the more as we see the Day approaching (Hebrews 10:25). When we moved to Colorado 1 1/2 years ago I sought out homeschoolers. I prayed God would send friends for my kids and for my husband and me. He provided wonderful friends for all of us. I am so thankful. We need each other desperately. We are not islands, God never intended us to go at it all alone even when sometimes it would be easy to give up and forget every one else.

I have come to realize more than ever, especially in the last 24 hours, how much homeschooling is threat to the enemy of our souls, namely Satan. We are raising an army of young people who are being equipped every day to march for the Lord of hosts, to bring a light to this dark world, to stand for righteousness and proclaim the good news to a dying world. Of course, there will be hard times. Of course, bad things will happen. Of course, strife and arguments arise. BUT don't give up. Remember your original vision and see through the clouds to the big picture. It is so worth it!


1 comment:

Renae said...

I'm always on the look-out for other homeschoolers who use PA, so I'm excited to get to "know" you.

I enjoyed your post. We are doing a great work for God one seed idea at a time. You are right that the clouds hide the view, but when God's glory peeks through we find strength, courage, and peace.

Blessings,
Renae
Life Nurturing Education