Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I DARE you!

My little girl is quite the girl. She has three older brothers and she knows how to get her way with all of them. This creates quite the problem since we work on character so much in our home and schooling. She has been telling me on a daily basis when she is caught doing something she shouldn't - "well, he dared me." She thinks it's ok when someone dares her.

I use the principal approach in my schooling. One of the principals that the Noah Plan highlights is Christian Self-Government. It's a fancy way of saying self-control. "Self-control is man's response to the knowledge of God's will" taken from the Noah Plan Mathematics Curriculum Guide. If we try to teach our kids just "self-control" it doesn't work. We have to teach them the knowledge of God's will. The more we all know of God and have a close relationship with Him the more self control we can have. It's a whole different thing to my children when I say "God says". I so want my kids to know God from a intimate relationship not just about Him. The greatest thing in the world is walking with the Almighty God on a daily basis and knowing He wants to walk with me.

No comments: